SISTERS OF NIA, INC. 2017 SCHOLARSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT
To: High School Senior Sisters of Nia, Inc. Alumni
From: Synthia Smith, Executive Director
Re: Scholarship Program – Competition Rules &Regulations
Sisters of Nia, Incorporated is proud to announce the availability of two scholarships in amounts of $500.00 for 2017. In keeping with its mission to inspire our girls to live their lives with purpose, Sisters of Nia, Inc. is excited to offer scholarship opportunities to qualified persons with an interest in pursuing a college education. The intent of these scholarships is to be used for one or more of the following:
1. Pursuit of a 4 year college degree;
2. Pursuit of a 2 year college degree;
3. Pursuit of trade, technical or vocational school certificates or degrees; or
4. Enlisting into any branch of the military.
Eligibility for Scholarships:
- Sisters of Nia, Inc. Scholarships are to be used for post-secondary education, i.e. college, or technical, trade, or vocational school, OR military related expenses.
- Applicant must meet one of the following qualifications to be eligible for award:
(a) Applicant must be a Sisters of Nia, Inc. alumni in good standing; or
(b) Applicant must be an affiliate of Sisters of Nia, Inc. (You have participated in at least 1 Nia event: Camp Nia, Leadership Conference, Talent Show, etc.)
Completed applications must be received online by the Sisters of Nia, Inc. Scholarship Committee by April 1, 2017 at 12:00 midnight PST.
Award and Selection:
The Sisters of Nia, Inc. Scholarship Committee will select the Scholarship winner(s). Personal interviews may be required. If so, you will be contacted to schedule an interview time. Each winner will be awarded a one-time payout and will be notified of her award by May 15, 2017. Selected Scholarship winners should be prepared to attend the celebratory luncheon in Sacramento during the afternoon of June 3, 2017. In order to receive scholarship funds, scholarship winners must provide proof of college registration or military enlistment to the Sisters of Nia, Inc. Scholarship Committee. Once proof has been received, a check will be mailed to the recipient. Contact Synthia Smith at 707-469-3642 if you have questions.