2019 SCHOLARSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT
We are pleased to announce our 2020 Sisters of Nia Scholarship Application is now open. Please complete all sections of this application. To be eligible for consideration, completed applications must be received by the Sisters of Nia, Inc. Scholarship Committee by May 31, 2020 by 12:00 midnight. Applications will only be accepted electronically.
One scholarship is delegated a to Sisters of Nia alumnae high school senior graduating this spring AND one scholarship is open to any girl graduating high school in Sacramento County.
Complete the application to tell us about yourself. We do not hold interviews, so be sure to tell us what you want us to know. You will be sharing information about community service, extra-curricular activities (community service, clubs, athletics, community organizations, employment, and awards), and your after-high-school plans.
You will also be asked to complete the following:
1. Write a short 150 word response to the following two prompts:
- Career Goals – Describe your career goals. How do you see your career choice as a benefit to the community?
- Impact – Knowing the objectives and mission of Sisters of Nia, how do you envision using your gifts, talents, and abilities to impact the community and live your life with purpose?
2. Upload a copy of your most current transcripts.
3. Upload two letters of recommendation. These can be from teachers, counselors, coaches, club leaders, church leaders, community members, etc.