2018 SCHOLARSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT
Sisters of Nia, Incorporated is proud to announce the availability of two scholarships in amounts of $500.00 for 2018. In keeping with its mission to inspire our girls to live their lives with purpose, Sisters of Nia, Inc. is excited to offer scholarship opportunities to qualified persons with an interest in pursuing a college education or military career. The intent of these scholarships is to be used for one or more of the following:
1. Pursuit of a 4 year college degree;
2. Pursuit of a 2 year college degree;
3. Pursuit of trade, technical or vocational school certificates or degrees; or
4. Enlisting into any branch of the military.
Eligibility for Scholarships:
- Sisters of Nia, Inc. Scholarships are to be used for post-secondary education, i.e. college, or technical, trade, or vocational school, OR military related expenses.
- Applicant must meet one of the following qualifications to be eligible for award:
(a) Applicant must be a Sisters of Nia, Inc. alumni in good standing OR be a girl graduating from high school this spring
(b) Applicant must be live in Sacramento County
- Completed applications must be received online by the Sisters of Nia, Inc. Scholarship Committee by April 1, 2018 at 12:00 midnight PST.
- Most Current Official Transcript
- Two letters of recommendation (Should be from a school teacher, school counselor, school advisor, coach, or employer.)
- Current photo of yourself
Award and Selection: